Platelet Rich Plasma / SELPHYL at Orchid Aesthetics, Manhattan, New York
MEDICAL HEALING THERAPY for joints of knee, shoulder, back, foot
The PRP Process by SELPHYL is:
- SAFE and NATURAL
- Preparation of the concentrate is done by Physicians at the appointment time
- Platelet Rich Plasma contains growth factors and proteins of stem cells which once injected in your dermis will stimulate neo-collagen production.
- Can be used in multiple areas for dermal rejuvenation
- Works both as a volumizer and wrinkle reducer therefore complementing procedures like Dermal Fillers and Botox Cosmetic.
Which areas can be treated with PRP by SELPHYL ?
- Wrinkles around the eyes or forehead
- Cheeks and Nasolabial folds
- Jaw Line
- Chest and Décolletages
- Back of hands and arms
- PRP can be safely used as a MEDICAL HEALING THERAPY for joints of knee, shoulder, back, foot
What to expect on the day of facial rejuvenation with PRP:
- Options of facial rejuvenation are explained to you, including efficacy and safety
- Cost analysis is discussed and the number of sessions possibly required
- Persons between the ages of 30 and 80 years are eligible
- Almost all skin tones show that the process is safe and effective because your own enriched plasma is used, but not all grades of wrinkling can be improved
- A photograph of the skin is taken to assist the follow-up and grading of the improvement
- Prior to treatment a blood sample of 9 to 36 mls is extracted from the patient. This blood is immediately placed in the centrifuge for few minutes. The rich platelets are separated and injected into the skin. Platelets gradually stimulate collagen which can improve overall firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- PRP can be re-performed at 4 weekly intervals for a complete rejuvenation process
- This entire process and injection time is simple and takes approximately 30 min
Is there any Downtime from PRP using Selphyl technique?
- Minimal to no downtime: Expect some degree of swelling, bruising and redness for 12-72 hours
- PRP- What expectations can you have?
- Results are visible immediately and continue to improve in the next 3 weeks
- Advanced wrinkling may need Laser resurfacing, Chemical peels in adition to PRP treatments.
How many treatments are required?
This will depend upon the health and age of your skin. Normally it is advised to have 2-3 treatments 4 weeks apart. However your clinician will determine your treatment protocol according to your skin condition.
How long do results last for?
Treatment results vary however in most patients the results last from 6 up to 18 months. Touch up treatments will maintain the results as well.
- SMOKERS, Drug and Alcohol Users
- Platelet Dysfunction Syndrome
- Haemodynamic Instability
- Acute and Chronic Infections
- Chronic Liver Pathology
- Anti Coagulation Therapy
- Person with Skin Disease or Cancer
- Severe Metabolic and Systemic Disorders
- From $800 for one area(forehead, crows feet, nasolabial folds, cheeks, marionette lines)
- $1400 entire face or hands