Laser Hair Removal at Orchid Aesthetics, Manhattan, New York
NOW ON SALE : 6 SESSIONS for $125
We use a BBL machine from Sciton. The technology is from 2009, and works very well with laser hair removal treatments. Complete hair removal generally takes six treatments. The desire to remove excess or dark hair usually begins in adolescence and seems to continue until the day we die. Whether it is hair on the face, armpits, legs, bikini line, or other body parts, many women AND men are intent upon having the hair on their scalp be the only visible hair on their bodies. There are many options available to remove unwanted hair, including laser hair removal, but few options to get rid of hair permanently.
Understanding how hair grows helps us to understand how to keep hair from growing. Each hair is contained in a pilosebaceous unit, which consists of a hair shaft, hair follicle, sebaceous gland, and erector pili muscle. Hair growth and shedding is a continuous cycle through 3 phases. The anagen phase is the growth phase, the catagen phase is a transitional state, and the telogen phase is the resting phase. Hairs spend a variable amount of time in each phase determined by genetics, hormones, and area of the body. Hair in the anagen phase is more susceptible to injury than hair in the telogen phase. All of these factors must be considered when choosing a method of laser hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair removal is a common application of laser technology, but it is not permanent and not for everyone. Lasers work by emitting light at various wavelengths, energy output, and pulse widths. The wavelength used determines the skin structure it will affect such as veins, melanin, or water. Most lasers used for laser hair removal target melanin and are therefore designed to burn structures that contain melanin. The more melanin present, the more damage will be done. It makes sense that laser hair removal works best for light-skinned people with dark hair. As with electrolysis, hair follicles in the anagen phase are more easily destroyed than those in the telogen phase. Therefore, laser hair removal treatments must be repeated. At this time it appears that laser treatment, while not causing permanent destruction of all hair follicles, does retard the re-growth of new hair.
[accordion_content title=”FAQ: What should a patient expect during and after a laser hair removal treatment?”]Treatment may vary, depending upon patient characteristics and the area being treated. You will be asked to wear special goggles to protect yours eyes from the intense beam of laser light.[/accordion_content]
[accordion_content title=”FAQ: What type of hair does it not work on?”]It does not work on white or very light hair, and it does not work on dark African-American skin types.[/accordion_content]
[accordion_content title=”FAQ: How Long Does a Treatment Session Take? “]Depending on the area being treated the laser hair removal session may last approximately 20 minutes.[/accordion_content]
You will be placed in reclined position, depending on the location of treatment. A “pencil thin” handpiece is used to direct a beam of laser light to the specific area of treatment. In most cases, anesthesia is not required.
Some patients report feeling a slight stinging sensation during the laser hair removal treatment, followed by some redness, which usually goes away in 2-4 hours. Some swelling may also be experienced and may last 1-2 days. There will not be any purple skin discoloration or bruised appearance to the treated skin.
Laser hair removal postoperative care is minimal.
Final treatment results should be evident within 2-3 weeks after a laser hair removal treatment for pigmented lesions. In the meantime, normal daily activities can by resumed with only a slight redness evident at the treatment area.
Laser Hair removal prices:
- Upper lip – $89 each session or $80 in a package of four or more
- Ears – $89 each session or $80 in a package of four or more
- Hands, Feet, Toes – $109 each session or $98 in a package
- Chin, and any area of the face – $109 each session or $98 in a package of four or more
- Full face – $250 per session or $225 in a package of four or more
- Underarm – 109 session or $99 in a package
- Bikini (regular) – $125 per session or $112 in a package of four or more
- Bikini + top – $150 per session or $135 in a package of four or more
- Thigh over line – $199 per session or $175 in a package of four or more
- Full leg – $280 per session or $252 in a package of four or more
- Lower leg – $175 per session or $157 in a package of four or more
- Chest – $300 per session or $270 in a package of four or more
- Lower arms – $125 per session or $112 in a package of four or more
- Neck – $119 per session or $107 in a package of four or more
- Top arms – $125 session or $112 in a package of four or more
- Back – $400 session or $360 in a package of four or more
- Brazillian – $250 per session and $225 in a package of four or more
- Shoulders – $199 per session or $179 in a package of four of more
- Areola – $109 per session or $98 in a package of four or more
If you have an appointment for laser hair removal please shave the area before your appointment
Laser Hair Removal Armpit
Request An Appointment
Laser Hair Removal Lips